DEI Abroad Resources

Undocumented Students Abroad

Students who have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status or Temporary Protected Status (TPS) may be eligible to study abroad if they are granted Advance Parole by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Advance Parole may authorize a person who is present inside the United States to re-enter the U.S. after temporarily traveling abroad.

Back to DEI Resources Continue


  • If you are a DACA and TPS student, GEO encourages you to meet with Kelly McNulty, our GEO point of contact for undocumented students. You can email her at and schedule a meeting with her here. We are here to talk through your options and support you before, during, and after your travel.
  • You can read a full overview of the Advance Parole process here. You can also check out Mason’s Undocumented Student Resources, where you’ll see information on Legal Support, Frequently Asked Questions, and Scholarships.
  • If you are interested in a global experience through a virtual study abroad or internship program, you can check out all your options here.

Your Current Journey

Exploring Explore
Advising Advising
Apply Apply
Prepare Prepare